Friday, September 7, 2018

So Much I Want To Tell You


I have followed and watched Anna Akana's videos on youtube for the past 4+ years of my life. Her videos are very comedic but hold a good amount of truth and support for Akana herself as well as her fan base. Akana is the kind of person who isn't afraid to open up to her fans which is exactly what she is doing again in her book 'So Much I Want To Tell You'.


Anna Akana is a Comedian, Actor, Director, Producer, Youtube Personality. She also has her own clothing line, and has directed and produced her own short films and TV shows. Akana has her own show on Youtube red called 'Youth & Conciquences' as well as her show 'Miss 2059' which was picked up after she got such a good responce on her short film 'Miss Earth'. Akana is also a suicide prevention advocate.

Akana's Book is titled 'So much I want to tell you: letters to my little sister'. She has been open with fans before in videos about her sister Kristina's suicide. Through her book as well as her channel Anna has shared her story for Kristina and every other girl out their.

I liked reading Akana's book because reading it you can really hear her voice. Its almost as is if she is talking to you from one of her Youtube videos. The book is divided into sections where she talks about her career, her health (both mental and physical) and relationships. Akana goes over many topics at different lengths. There are moments where she really digs deep and talks about her problems with depression that she has had since her sisters suicide, moments where I had to put the book down and just let the tears fall. Moments that the wounds from my own loss demanded to be heard  and told me "you do those things", "you feel that way", all the while realizing I had not wanted to believe it until now, until I knew that someone else had these feelings too.

Another thing I liked about Akana's book is that when she brings up topics and situations she has had in her life she will also mention the title of one of her Youtube videos that she had made while those situations were going on in her life. This also helps to set up a timeline for fans to follow while reading her book. 


One of Akana's Chapters in her book is called 'Take Your Birth Control'. Akana also made this chapter into a Youtube video posted on her channel when the book was released to give her fan base a taste of what was to come. this is the video posted above. the chapter of her book and the video itself may as well be word for word. If your thinking about picking up the book watch the video!

Below will be a couple of videos from her that I often think about at the most random times:




No comments:

Post a Comment